I am always excited to learn about new foods from all over the world. Today, I stumbled across Halloumi cheese! This is a brined goat and sheep’s milk cheese and has a high melting point. It is also rather salty.
I am a huge cheese fan and am often scouring the cheese isles of Trader Joe’s, Earth Fare, Publix, and my local grocery store. I had never run across this particular cheese. You can imagine my excitement when I found it on Amazon!
Here you go: Halloumi cheese, 8 oz https://amzn.to/2BDVDqv
A great recipe I found online is this Caprese Salad by Keto Daily. They actually grill the cheese first for flavor. Check it out!
KETO GRILLED HALLOUMI CAPRESE SALAD
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
7 Ounce Package of Halloumi Cheese
1 Medium Tomato
Fresh Basil Leaves
1 TBSP Unrefined Olive Oil
2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- If your Haloumi does not come pre-sliced, then slice it into roughly 1-ounce slices.
Slice your tomato and discards the top and bottom slices.
- Warm up your charcoal grill and place Halloumi cheese directly onto the grates of the grill. Give them a little shimmy back and forth right when they touch the grill to help prevent them from sticking. Sometimes a little bit sticks to the grates of the grill anyway, but it’s not the end of the world.
- Carefully flip the Halloumi over after the first side if cooked to your liking. Be very careful when cooking the second side, as it cooks WAY faster than the first side from my experience. Keep your eye on it.
- When the Halloumi is cooked to your liking, bring it in and assemble your Caprese Salad.
- Alternate between Tomato slice, Cheese slice, and Basil until you have assembled your whole Caprese Salad.
- Top with a sprinkle of dried Oregano, Olive Oil drizzle, and Balsamic Vinegar.
For full instructions and more information, visit:
Other Keto Recipes: